Patient Information Leaflets
The Trust produces a wide range of patient leaflets which are now available in the Patient Leaflets section of this website.
The August 2005 issue of the Patient Information Newsletter is now available.
Can you help us?
We are looking for volunteer patients and members of the public to become more interested in our hospital. You could, for example, become a 'lay' member of a group/committee or help us improve our patient information literature. Find out more...
The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) is a free and individual service where patients and carers can be advised about the services provided by the Trust and where they can feel at ease to express any worries and concerns about either their own or a relative’s treatment.
· Balanced and impartial information about the Trust and its services;
· An opportunity for the Trust to use patient/carer comments to make improvements to services;
· Resolution of problems and concerns where possible;
· Help and support when things go wrong;
· Advice and direction to those with formal complaints;
· Information on how to be more involved with the NHS locally.
Come to see us in the PALS office which is located in the main reception area of the West Suffolk Hospital. It is open Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm.
You can also pick up a PALS leaflet at any time.
We can be contacted by telephone on 01284 712555 (24 hour answerphone service).
In-patients: by asking your nurse to bleep us (bleep number 398). We are happy to make ward visits. PALS enquiry forms are also available on each ward.
Our e-mail address is
For more information about PALS see What is PALS?